AM & PM Bus Drivers
Please contact Mr. Trimarco, Director of Operations if interested.
Drivers must be able to safely transport students to and from school in a timely manner on a daily basis. Employees in this classification receive general supervision within a framework of stand policies and procedures. Drivers will report to the Director of Transportation.
- Drive a school transportation vehicle within a designed route(s) in accordance with time schedules; picking up and discharging students at designed stops.
- Transport students and teachers on field trips and athletic/activity events to various locations; planning necessary route(s) and stops as needed.
- Maintains order and discipline of students passengers according to school student conduct policy. Conduct Safety and operational inspection of assigned vehicle daily.
- Reports needed mechanical repairs when necessary. Service buses with gas, fuel, oil; checks and when necessary fills tires and batteries.
- Performs scheduled safety drills as required by law and completes reports upon request.
- Include a Class A or B license with all bus and passenger endorsements required in the State of Illinois. (needed bus not required. Training is available)
- Must be able to pass a fingerprinting check performed by the Archdiocese of Joliet.
- Must be able to complete Protecting God's Children Course.
- Must of Basic Knowledge of roadways in the Chicago-land area.
- Must have the ability to drive a bus safely and perform basic first aid requirements.
- Must be able to work, communicate, and resolve potential conflicts positively with students and parents of students.